This training course discusses how to perform Title 24 Compliance Modeling for Non-Residential Buildings in California. The instructor uses example modeling procedures and techniques for the following:
- Title 24 Compliance Landscape
- Design Modeling vs Compliance Modeling
- Simple 2D Model vs Detailed 3D Model
- Geometry Rules, Tips & Tricks
- HVAC Zoning
- Prototype Imports & Room Grouping Schemes
- Envelope Modeling
- Lighting: Tailored and Space Function
- Ventilation Requirements
- HVAC/Mechanical Setup and Mapping
- CBECC-Com/EnergyPlus Simulation
- Log Files & Error Solutions
- CBECC-Com/EnergyPlus Outputs
Note: This training course is introductory, and intended for users already somewhat familiar with the ModelIT.
Liam is the Vice-President of IES West Coast Division of North America and manages the software, training and consulting for IES in that region. Liam has a Bachelors Degree in Building Services Engineering from Dublin Institute of Technology and Masters Degree in Sustainable Energy from Brunel University in London. Liam is a Chartered Engineer and is an ASHRAE certified Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP).