This training course discusses how to model natural ventilation in buildings. The instructor will use example modeling procedures and techniques for the various:
- Climate Analysis for Natural Ventilation Potential
- Early conceptual modeling for natural ventilation
- Recommendations for a whole-building model setup
- Bulk airflow modeling with MacroFlo
- Operable Window Controls
- Recommended adjustments to fully-conditioned zones
- Modeling Various Natural Ventilation Strategies
- Thermal Comfort Assessments (post simulation)
- Analysis of Occupant Relative Productivity
- CFD airflow modeling with Microflo
- Additional CFD Thermal Comfort Assessments
Note: This training course is intended for users already somewhat familiar with the ModelIT and Apache applications within the Virtual Environment.
Liam is the Vice-President of IES West Coast Division of North America and manages the software, training and consulting for IES in that region. Liam has a Bachelors Degree in Building Services Engineering from Dublin Institute of Technology and Masters Degree in Sustainable Energy from Brunel University in London. Liam is a Chartered Engineer and is an ASHRAE certified Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP).