This one hour training course discusses how to model an indoor swimming pool for purposes of evaluating energy performance. The instructor uses a live example to walk users through the steps for:
- Creating geometry and constructions to accurately capture the physics of indoor water body
- Calculating evaporation gain and heat transfer with pool water
- Configuring airside and water side HVAC systems for space conditioning
- Modeling service hot water system for pool heating
- Evaluating the results in vistapro
- Discussion on 90.1 PRM/ECB compliance and energy conservation measures
Suyash is an Applications Engineer in the IES Atlanta office. He has a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Arizona State University. Suyash is a LEED accredited professional (LEED AP BD+C). He provides training and support for advanced HVAC systems modeling, energy standards and code compliance.