Daylight Simulation, Glare Modeling and Lighting Energy Calculations
This free on-demand course is part of our Upskill with IES series, and will take you through using the IES Virtual Environment for Daylight Simulation, Glare Modeling and Lighting Energy Calculations.
In the session, the instructor covers:
- 3-D model setup with furniture layouts
- Surface Materials Assignment
- Electric Lighting Fixture Layouts
- Calculations & Visualizations
- Daylight Calculations for a fixed time & date
- Annual Daylight Calculations: Spatial Daylight Autonomy (sDA) and Annual Sunlight Exposure (ASE)
- Daylight Glare Probability (DGP)
- Photosensor Control Systems & Building Energy Simulation
Visit the IES website to find out about upcoming Upskill with IES sessions.
Liam is the Vice-President of IES West Coast Division of North America and manages the software, training and consulting for IES in that region. Liam has a Bachelors Degree in Building Services Engineering from Dublin Institute of Technology and Masters Degree in Sustainable Energy from Brunel University in London. Liam is a Chartered Engineer and is an ASHRAE certified Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP).