Using the IES Virtual Environment to conduct Climate Based Daylight Modelling (CBDM) Studies
This is free on-demand course is part of our Upskill with IES series, and will take you through using the IES Virtual Environment to conduct Climate Based Daylight Modelling (CBDM) Studies.
In the session, the instructor covers:
- Using the RadianceIES tool within the IES Virtual Environment to perform Climate Based Daylight Modelling (CBDM) simulations for:
- UDI (Useful Daylight Illuminance)
- sDA (Spatial Daylight Autonomy)
- ASE (Annual Sunlight Exposure)
- Interpreting the results in the context of BREEAM 2018 Hea 01 Visual Comfort, the EFA Daylight Design Guide and LEED
Visit the IES website to find out about upcoming Upskill with IES sessions.
Hans is Training Manager at IES, and is our most experienced trainer with over 20 years unparalleled experience in training customers in the Virtual Environment. He is responsible for creating IES training programmes and materials. Hans holds an Honours Degree and a Masters degree. Before joining IES, he was involved with wind tunnel testing, fire protection and building services software.