This one hour long session covers the steps required in the VE for compliance with Performance Rating Method (PRM) and Energy Cost Budget (ECB) methods of ASHRAE 90.1-2013. The instructor uses a live example to illustrate:
- Vertical fenestration based on building area types
- Inclusion of shading by adjacent structures and terrain
- Mandatory and non-mandatory lighting controls
- Daylight simulations for baseline model
- Updated infiltration and ventilation
- Equivalent levels of occupant thermal comfort and compliance with PMV + elevated air speed analysis from ASHRAE 55-2010
- Airside and waterside HVAC equipment
- Service hot water
- PRM and ECB compliance reports
This training course is intended for users familiar with ModelIt, Apache and ApHVAC applications within the Virtual Environment.
Suyash is an Applications Engineer in the IES Atlanta office. He has a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Arizona State University. Suyash is a LEED accredited professional (LEED AP BD+C). He provides training and support for advanced HVAC systems modeling, energy standards and code compliance.