Air-side Heat Recovery and Dehumidification Systems
This one hour training course discusses common techniques used for airside heat recovery and energy efficient dehumidification in HVAC systems.
The instructor uses a live example to illustrate:
- Commonly used approaches for desiccant based dehumidification
- Configuring Hot Gas Reheat in Direct Expansion (DX) systems
- Heat pipes (run around / wrap around coils)
- Total energy recovery on outdoor air
- Modulating energy recovery wheel efficiencies for summer and winter operation
- Energy recovery wheels in series
- Discussion on ASHRAE Standard 90.1 PRM/ECB compliance
Suyash is an Applications Engineer in the IES Atlanta office. He has a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Arizona State University. Suyash is a LEED accredited professional (LEED AP BD+C). He provides training and support for advanced HVAC systems modeling, energy standards and code compliance.
ASHRAE 90.1-2013 Compliance with IESVE
Available in days
days after you enroll
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across the devices you own.