This demonstration video discusses the process for calculating HVAC loads. Design tools discussed include:
• ModelIT Space Types and their role in thermal template data & load calculations
• Applying diversity factors to internal gains for room and/or system loads
• Creating HVAC zones & assigning zones to HVAC systems
• Options to saturate internal gain profiles during room and/or system load calculations
• Review of system parameters that influence system sizing
• Generation & overview of room, zone, & system loads reports
Megan Tosh is a Product Manager at IES, based in Portland, Oregon. Megan has her Bachelors and Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Central Florida. She is a professionally licensed engineer in the State of Florida and is an ASHRAE certified Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP). Megan joined IES in 2013 to provide training and technical support to North American software users. She specializes in modeling mechanical systems and frequently leads Advanced ApacheHVAC training courses offered by IES.